For all those of you who do not know, Rochester is currently the international hub of developments in both the medical and the technological fields, not forgetting higher education. The city also has many popular universities out there. Also, this city has gained its reputation for being the most livable city in the United States of America.
Looking into the population demographics:
The city of Rochester has earned its ratings for quality of life and also for families. In addition, this city is boasting the most reasonable and affordable prices of real estate. Well, but there is a fact about this city that you should be knowing. In the past few years, the city has been losing people at about a percent per year. But only time will able to predict if the city will recover any of the population levels that have been lost.
Also, the racial composition of this city was as follows:
- Whites: 47.32%
- African or Black Americans: 40.30%
- Two or even more races: 4.61%
- Others: 3.32%
- Native Americans: 1.14%
- Native Hawaiians: 0.01%
Some of the best tourist attractions in Rochester
- The Strong National Museum of Play: This museum is a fun factor for both adults and kids. There are different Exhibits that one can find here, and they include the Berenstain Bears, Sesame Street, and so much more. Also, there is a famous Dancing Wings Butterfly garden which is considered to be the largest of its kind in the state. This is a year-round indoor exhibit that offers a chance to see butterflies and other animals as well.
- The High Falls: You will find a beautifully rushing river whose best view can be seen from the high Falls Terrace Park. Here, you will get to watch this serene and peaceful view from a very high vantage point. Also, if you are hungry, do not fear anything because some pretty cool restaurants are located just at a short distance from the park.
- The Rochester Public Market: Well, you will see this market buzzing on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. There are more than 200 vendors who sell fresh food at their stalls. You will find the best and fresh products in this market, including cheese, seafood, and meat.
What are some of the pros and cons of living in Rochester?
Low unemployment and an increase in job growth: One of the best perks of living here is that unemployment is low, and the professional growth and availability of jobs are rising. Some of the major industries here include local government, technology, manufacturing, retail, and hospitality.
Offers education opportunities: Well, the residents of this city give high respect for education. There are so many educational opportunities available for everyone out there. This is yet another perk that cannot be skipped.
The weather conditions here can get drastic – it can be extremely hot during the summer months, and it can be windy and cold during winters. Also, there is a huge possibility of flooding in this city even though preventive measures have been taken.